News

News Release

Electrical Fire Damages Henderson Home

July 12, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE NEWS RELEASE
PLEASE CONTACT KATHLEEN RICHARDS, (702) 267-2051
Henderson, Nev. – An electrical fire originating in the master bedroom closet last night damaged a Henderson home and displaced two adults.

The Henderson Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire in the 2300 block of Dolphin Court, near Pecos Road and Robindale Road, at about 9:40 p.m. on July 11.

The first arriving engine crew observed smoke coming from a large two-story single family residence. Firefighters initiated an offensive attack and entered the house but heavy smoke conditions hampered firefighters’ efforts. A second alarm was called at about 10 p.m. and Clark County Fire Department responded with additional resources to help extinguish the fire.

A pet desert tortoise was rescued from harm in the back yard. There were no injuries to residents or firefighters, but one firefighter was transported to St. Rose Dominican Hospital, Siena Campus and treated for heat exhaustion, then released.

Seven engines, one truck and six rescue units from Henderson Fire responded to the fire, assisted by two engines and a truck from Clark County Fire.

Two adults and a dog were displaced by the fire.

A City of Henderson Senior Fire Investigator, Henderson Police, Southwest Gas Corp. and NV Energy responded to help secure the property.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental. The estimated loss is $250,000 for the structure and contents.
# # #