News

News Release

Electrical Fire Displaces Four Henderson Residents

September 21, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE NEWS RELEASE
PLEASE CONTACT KATHLEEN RICHARDS, (702) 267-2051
Henderson, Nev. – An electrical fire in a Henderson condominium building yesterday evening displaced four adults and caused $95,000 in damage.

The Henderson Fire Department responded at about 5:40 p.m. on Sept. 20 to a residential structure fire at Scottsdale Valley Condominiums, located at 2925 Wigwam Pkwy.

The first arriving engine crew observed smoke coming from a three-story multifamily condominium building. Firefighters located the fire in the third-level loft area of one of the condominium units. The fire was contained to the area of origin by the building’s fire sprinkler system and firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire before it could spread to neighboring units. 

One firefighter was injured during the response and transported to Henderson Hospital, where he was treated and released.

Occupants were alerted to the fire by their smoke alarms and evacuated the building safely. There were no injuries to residents.

Five engine companies, two truck crews and two rescue units responded to the fire. A City of Henderson senior fire investigator, Henderson Police, Southwest Gas Corp. and NV Energy also responded to help secure the property.

Four adults and one cat were displaced from two condominium units due to fire, smoke and water damage.

The cause of the electrical fire was determined to be accidental. The total estimated loss is $95,000.
# # #