News

News Release

Kitchen Fire Displaces Five People

June 08, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE NEWS RELEASE
PLEASE CONTACT KATHLEEN RICHARDS, (702) 267-2051

Henderson, Nev. – A fire that started this morning in the kitchen damaged a Henderson home and displaced a family of five.

The Henderson Fire Department responded to a residential structure fire in the 1300 block of Coulisse Street, near Anthem Parkway and Reunion Drive, at about 10:45 a.m.

The first arriving engine crew observed smoke coming from the front door and rear of a two-story single family residence. Firefighters entered the home and initiated an offensive attack to extinguish the fire. The truck crew cut a hole in the roof to ventilate heavy smoke from inside the residence.

The home’s occupants safely evacuated prior to Henderson Fire’s arrival. There were no injuries to residents or firefighters.

Two adults and three children were displaced by the fire.

Five engines, one truck, two rescue units and an air resource apparatus responded to the fire.

A City of Henderson Senior Fire Investigator, Henderson Police, Southwest Gas Corp. and NV Energy responded to help secure the property.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental. The total estimated loss is $72,000.

# # #