Alternative Sentencing

Chemical Dependency Assessments (CDA) or Drug and Alcohol Evaluations

The purpose of a chemical dependency assessment is to see if a person has a problem with alcohol or drugs. Assessments include an interview with a counselor, in which the individual’s chemical use will be reviewed along with the impact of that use on the individual’s daily life and relationships. The assessment will also include a standardized written diagnostic test. The counselor will obtain a medical, legal, mental health, educational, housing and employment history along with drug and alcohol history and any past treatment information. Assessments will address each individual's unique needs.


To see if there is a problem with drugs or alcohol and based on the severity of the problem detected, to make recommendations about how to address the problem.

Assessment Format

  • It takes about 2 hours to complete the evaluation. 
  • An appointment will need to be pre-arranged with the counselor. 
  • The report will include verbatim the alcohol and drug history of the person, a summary of their medical, legal, mental health, educational, housing and employment history along with any past treatment information, an explanation of the diagnostic test and recommendations. 
  • No blood or urine test will be required. However, if a person attends the appointment and appears to be under the influence, a breathalyzer or urine test may be conducted.
  • Upon completion, a copy will be provided to the defendant, their attorney, the Court, or anyone else that is designated in writing.

Availability of Appointment

  • Evaluators are available weekly to complete evaluations.


  • $125. Must be paid in full prior to scheduling an evaluation. 
  • Alternative Sentencing accepts cash, credit or debit card or money order.


To register please come to Alternative Sentencing, in person, with $125. We are located on the first floor of the Henderson Justice Facility located at 243 S. Water Street, Henderson, NV 89015.

If further information is needed, then please call 702-267-1350.