Can I work while on House Arrest?
- Yes. Participants are able to work while on the City of Henderson House Arrest Program. All employment will be verified at the time of intake and an advance schedule is required.
Can I go to medical appointments?
- Yes. Medical appointments are permitted with verification and prior approval. Medical emergencies that require immediate medical care are the only exception to the prior approval rule.
Do I have to wear an ankle bracelet for the entire time that I am on the program?
- Yes. A tamper proof GPS device will be required to remain on the participant’s ankle for the duration of the House Arrest Program.
Do you have a payment plan?
- Yes, but if ordered to the House Arrest Program you are required to pay at least 30 days in advance plus the installation cost.
What if I violate the House Arrest Program?
- You will be immediately taken into custody and returned to the Henderson Detention Center to serve out the remaining jail sentence. You will not receive a refund for any fees paid.
Am I allowed to go to counseling, school, AA meetings, etc.?
- Yes. We allow for you to attend all court required classes with verification, unless you are ordered to House Arrest for less than 30 days. Under 30 days is case by case.
What happens if I tamper with or lose the device?
- If the device is tampered with or purposefully damaged or lost, you will be required to pay for a replacement device and additional criminal charges will be forwarded for prosecution.
Will my residence be searched while on the House Arrest Program?
- Yes. Participants’ homes will be searched for contraband while on the House Arrest Program.
Can I start House Arrest when it is convenient for me?
- No. House Arrest begins immediately following sentencing unless specified differently by the Henderson Municipal Court Judge.
Do I need a home phone line to be on House Arrest?
- No. The City of Henderson utilizes a Hybrid GPS device that does not require participants to have a home phone line.
The information provided is intended as a courtesy only. The information provided is basic, general information that does not fit all situations. It is the duty of each individual to know what rules of court and law apply.
The City of Henderson, the Alternative Sentencing Division, and their employees shall not be liable for errors contained herein or for direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages in connection with the furnishing of this material.