City of Henderson Municipal Code Chapter 2.100 – Registration and Regulation of Lobbyists, requires lobbyists to register annually with the City Clerk. In addition, lobbyist are required to disclose all communication with City Council, Planning Commission and City staff. Please see the highlighted column to the right, for the applicable forms and associated instructions.
- The City Clerk will issue an identification badge to each lobbyist upon filing a registration form.
- The identification badge must be worn while engaging in lobbying.
General Definition of a Lobbyist
- You appear before members of the City Council, Planning Commission, and/or City staff at City Hall or any other location an appointment to meet has been set; and
- You represent an individual, group, or entity and will lobby for their interests or benefit; and
- You receive a salary from an employer or compensation from that individual, group, or entity and will lobby for their interests or benefit.
For the complete definition, please review City Ordinance No. 3057.
Cooling Off Period
Public appointees (to include boards and commissions' members) and volunteers shall not act as a lobbyist before the city council, planning commission, or agency or department, during an appointed term or 12 months following any service in accordance with Henderson Municipal Code chapters 2.40 - Ethical Standards for Public Servants and 2.100 - Registration and Regulation of Lobbyists.