City Manager's Office
In 2012, the Henderson Quality Initiative (HQI) was launched by City Manager Jacob Snow. HQI is simple. It is all about finding better ways to do business. HQI directly supports the City Council’s vision “To Be America’s Premier Community” by improving value and services provided to our customers through implementation of innovative, integrated and effective management systems across the organization.
What is HQI?
The Henderson Quality Initiative focuses on key areas that will help the city to become a quality organization. Each area was selected based on best practices that have been proven successful for high performance organizations across the country.
What does quality mean to the city?
Accomplishments to Date
- Offering effective and efficient public services
- Providing a better customer experience
- Infusing best practices
- Enhancing our business processes through innovation
- Engaging and empowering employees
- Instituted over 20 process improvements and employee generated suggestions/innovations, resulting in excess of $500,000 in estimated annual savings (this savings amount represents both HARD budget savings and SOFT savings in staff time saved/increased organizational capacity).
- Implemented Contact Henderson system to more effectively track and respond to citizen questions and complaints
- Deployed bi-annual Citywide Assessment Survey to residents
- 93% ranked Henderson as a place to live as excellent or good
- 96% rated the quality of services provided by the city as excellent or good
- Installed new customer service desks and signage in City Hall
- Deployed customer intercept surveys at City Hall and other facilities to gauge and improve customer satisfaction.
Questions about the Henderson Quality Initiative?
Email HendersonInnovationP@cityofhenderson.com to request additional information”.