The City of Henderson proudly honors the brave men and women currently serving in the United States Armed Forces through its Military Recognition Banner Program. Street banners bearing the name, rank and image of an active military serviceperson will be displayed on Veterans Day in November along portions of Green Valley Parkway and in the Water Street District for approximately one year.
Henderson residents, businesses or organizations may nominate an honoree and sponsor their street banner for a $150 banner printing fee. The honoree must be a Henderson resident or the immediate family member of a Henderson resident, and must be an active duty member in good standing. There is a limit of one banner per serviceperson. If you are interested in participating please see our Military Recognition Banner Program application for additional information.
For additional information about this program, please contact Stacie Sorenson at (702) 267-1533.
Full color photograph of honoree:
- Formal military dress uniform only
- Full color 5" x 7" photograph (returned upon request after banner installation), or;
- Full color digital image in jpeg format, minimum 300 dpi, provided on disc
Application Due Dates
- October 1 for 2017 Veterans Day
- Applications received after 10/1/17 will be placed on a waiting list for 2018
View banner and family photos from previous years Veterans Day ceremonies: 2014, 2013.