Fireworks Safety Tips
Fireworks should be used on a flat, firm surface such as the ground or a non-sloping driveway. Fireworks are illegal on the street and sidewalk, in city parks, or on school district property.
Stay away from bushes, grasses, trees, or anything else that might catch fire. Stay away from vehicles.
Have a large bucket of water and garden hose available for use in case of fire.
ALWAYS supervise children around fireworks. Sparklers, which are considered by many to be harmless, can each temperatures of more than 1,200° F.
After the firework has been used, it should be picked up with a shovel, dropped into a large bucket of water, and soaked overnight before being discarded in the trash.
"Duds" or fireworks that did not go off after being lit should be picked up with a shovel and dropped into a bucket of water. DO NOT try to relight them or pick them up by hand.
If a fire starts because of a firework, DO NOT PANIC. Use the garden hose or bucket of water to put the fire out to prevent it from getting larger. Call 911.
Fireworks should NEVER be used inside a building or shot at homes, people or animals.
Do not store used fireworks in an enclosed space, such as a garbage can inside your garage.