The City of Henderson has a variety of dog parks where dogs can run free and socialize. We are in the process of planning several more permanent dog parks throughout the city.
Please visit our dog parks at:
- Acacia Park
- Amador Vista Park
- Arroyo Grande Sports Complex and Pittman Wash Trail
- Aventura Park
- Bark Park at Heritage Park
- Boulder Creek Park
- Cactus Wren Park
- Capriola Park
- Dos Escuelas Park
- Equestrian Park South
- Esselmont Park
- Hidden Falls Park
- Horizon Crest Park
- Paseo Vista Park
- Reunion Trails Park
- Weston Hills Park
Pets in the "people" parks
Pets are allowed in the parks, but they must be leashed at all times and are not allowed in the water features. Owners must clean up after their pets.
Dog park rules
- Park hours are 7am to dusk without lights and 7am-10pm with lights.
- Canine and human visitors enter at their own risk.
- Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and any injury or loss caused by their dogs.
- City of Henderson will not be responsible for injuries to visiting dogs, their owners or others using the park.
- Dogs must be under voice command and control, and be accompanied by humans at all times.
- Dog owners must clean up after their dogs. Bags and disposal stations are provided.
- Dogs must have proof of license and immunization.
- Leash your dog whenever outside of the off-leash area.
- Obey all signs and keep dogs in designated areas only.
- Dogs that are aggressive are not allowed in the park.
- Dogs in heat or puppies under 4 months old are prohibited.
- Don’t let your dog dig holes; fill any holes mistakenly dug.
- No food or treats are allowed in the dog park area.
- Dogs are not allowed to use water play areas in the park (where applicable).
- Parks are patrolled by Animal Control to ensure compliance.
- Violators to park rules are subject to removal from the park and possible legal action.
- To report bites and/or violations please call Animal Control at 702-267-4970.
- Owners may bring a maximum of three dogs to the park at one time.
- An adult must accompany children under 12 years of age.
- Respect other park visitors both human and canine by keeping your pet from jumping on or interfering with other people or their pets.
- Dogs exposed to or recovering from a contagious disease (distemper, kennel cough, parvo) should NOT use the facility for two weeks after recovery.
- The splash pad at the Bark Park is for dogs only (NO humans) and is available daily 7am to 6pm, May 1 through Sept. 30.