Financial Assistance Program

Financial assistance is unavailable at this time. To be notified when applications will again be accepted, email your name, telephone number and email address to COHFinAid@cityofhenderson.com. If you have questions, call 702-267-4243.

The City of Henderson offers support to Henderson residents needing financial assistance to participate in parks and recreation programs. The City of Henderson Financial Assistance Program has been expanded to provide qualifying Henderson residents with the opportunity to participate in more programs by awarding financial assistance through a percentage-based subsidy. Financial assistance is awarded only to Henderson residents who meet the current guidelines of the State of Nevada Child Care Subsidy Program Income Chart.

Low income Henderson residents may seek financial assistance for parks and recreation classes and programs by submitting an application. Participants of Urban League and Respite may also submit an application for consideration. Application packets are available at our recreation centers, aquatic complexes, senior facilities, and the sports office. Staff members will advise you of the necessary documents you will need to submit with your completed application. Once you have finalized your application, you may return the completed packet to any recreation center, aquatic complex, senior facility, and the sports office or you may scan and email the document to COHFinAid@cityofhenderson.com.

It may take up to ten business days to receive a status update on your application. If approved, a staff member will contact you with the percentage of subsidy of financial assistance you will receive and the programs that the subsidy may be used for. The Financial Assistance Program policy requires that eligible participants pay a portion of the program cost, which is based on the percentage of the subsidy awarded (for example,  if awarded a subsidy at 90 percent, the participant/household is required to pay the remaining 10 percent of the program price at the time of enrollment in the program).

Patrons using all types of financial assistance for parks and recreation programs are required to register in person at City Hall Annex, 280 S. Water St. (adjacent to City Hall).

For questions, call 702-267-4AID (4243), email at COHFinAid@cityofhenderson.com or visit the nearest City of Henderson recreation center.

Other Accepted Assistance
The city accepts other forms of financial assistance from programs such as Respite and the Child Care Development Fund provided through the Las Vegas Urban League. Contact the providers of these programs as indicated below:

Desert Regional Center (Respite)
1391 S. Jones Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89146

Las Vegas Urban League
702-473-9400 (call for the nearest location)

Inter-Tribal Council of Nevada
Child Care Development Fund