Contact Henderson

Get Adobe Reader
Adobe® Reader® is required to view PDF files.

Henderson Municipal Court, Nevada

  • How should I dress for Court?
    Business attire is the preferred mode of dress when attending a court appearance.  You may not wear tank tops, bare midriff tops, halter tops, shorts, or any other clothing either to casual, too revealing, or inappropriate. This dress code applies to ALL individuals who enter the courtroom.
  • What do I do when I come to Court?
    When you appear for your pre-set court date, you need to check in with the Clerk in the Courtroom.  Courtrooms are unlocked approximately 15 minutes prior to the scheduled court time.  Appearance calendars are posted daily outside of each courtroom.  If you do not see your name on the calendar, you must check your case status with the front counter clerks.
  • What are my Plea Options?
    The Court Marshal will address the gallery prior to the court session and explain your plea options and review the basic court session process.

    • Not Guilty: You will receive a trial date. Any questions you or your attorney may have prior to the trial need to be directed to the City Attorney's Office, Criminal Division .  
    • Guilty or Nolo Contendere (No Contest): You will be sentenced by the Judge for the charge(s).
  • What are my options for making my fine payment?
    • Mail your payment to Henderson Municipal Court, PO Box 95050 - MS621, Henderson, NV 89015.  Please write your case number on your check to insure proper credit (Personal check, money order, certified check, or cashier's check).
    • Make your payment using the secure on-line payment process
    • if you case is eligible (E-Check, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card).
    • Make your payment in person at the Municipal Court on the 3rd floor of the Criminal Justice Facility during window hours - Monday through Thursday, 7:45 AM until 5:00 PM excluding holidays (Cash, personal check, money order, certified check, cashier's check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card).
    • Make your payment in person at the Municipal Court drop box located outside the West entrance to the Justice Facility (Personal check, money order, certified check, or cashier's check).

      Checks and money orders should be made payable to: Henderson Municipal Court.

  • Must I appear in Court for my citation?
    You must appear if:
    • You are a juvenile (a parent or legal guardian must accompany you).
    • Your citation indicates that you have a MANDATORY COURT APPEARANCE.
    • You wish to plead not guilty.
    • You wish to speak with the Judge about your citation.
    • You were issued a citation for No Insurance, No Vehicle Registration, or No Valid License.

    You are not required to appear on your scheduled court date if:

    • You want to plead No Contest or Guilty and pay the citation. The bail amount indicated on the citation must be paid in full prior to the court date on the citation and can be paid in person, via mailed or online. The total amount due is located at the lower right corner of the citation. The applicable demerit points will be reported to DMV following the court date on your citation.
    • You want to plead No Contest or Guilty and complete Traffic School to have your citation amended to a non-moving violation. Requests for Traffic Safety School may be made at the clerk's window or via the secure on-line payment process prior to your scheduled court date. 

      You must request traffic safety school and enter your plea of Guilty or No Contest before or on the court date listed on your citation and and BEFORE you attend the class.  Traffic safety school does not reduce the fine amount but paying the fine and completing traffic safety school by the completion due date will amend the violation to a parking violation (no points are reported to DMV on parking violations).

      You may request traffic safety school only once a year and there is a traffic safety school fee, which is in addition to your citation fine amount.  You will be given a completion due date and a Traffic Safety School information sheet when you enter a plea.  Failure to complete traffic safety school by the completion due date will result in the original violation conviction being reported to DMV.  You may not request Traffic School if your driverís license is a Commercial Driverís License. The practice of reducing charges, altering speeds, or allowing CDL drivers to attend traffic safety school is specifically prohibited in 49 CFR Part 384.226.

  • I am visiting from out-of-town and I am scheduled to leave before my court date. Can I see a judge earlier than my scheduled court date?
    If you live outside of Clark County and your Traffic citation is for non-mandatory offenses, you may request to appear before the Judge at the next available Traffic Arraignment hearing rather than wait until the scheduled court date. You will need to appear at the clerk's window to make the request. Please bring your copy of the traffic citation with you.
  • What do I need to bring with me to Court?
    Please bring your copy of the citation.  Any documentation for insurance, registration, license violations, or equipment repairs should be brought with you to present to the Judge in court.
  • Where can I park?
    The City of Henderson 364 space parking garage is available at 235 S Water Street. Entrances to the parking garage are located off of Water Street and Texas Avenue.
  • Can I speak with a Public Defender and if he/she is appointed, when will he/she appear on my behalf?
    The Public Defender may only be appointed if the City is seeking a jail sentence on your charge and you meet the Federal guidelines for appointment of a Public Defender.  If no jail time is requested, a Public Defender will not be made available to you.  If the Court appoints the Public Defender on your case, that attorney will be present at your arraignment, trial, and sentencing.
  • I was ordered to complete certain programs (counseling, meetings, work program, etc.) as part of my sentence, what agencies can I complete them at?
    On the sentencing order, you were referred to the Alternative Sentencing Division for your conditions. Please contact their office at (702) 267-1350 or visit their website for your options.
  • How can I get a copy of the police report?
    For a police report, contact the Records Division of the Henderson Police Department call (702) 267-4700.
  • How can I request Discovery?
    For Discovery, contact the Henderson City Attorney's Office, Criminal Division at (702) 267-1370.
  • How do I seal my records?
    For Sealing Records, contact the Henderson City Attorney's Office, Criminal Division at (702) 267-1370.
  • Why does the Nevada Revised Statute say my fine should be a certain amount but when I am sentenced, my fine is much more?
    An administrative assessment is added to each fine amount due to Nevada Revised Statue: NRS 176.059, NRS 176.0611, and NRS 176.0613.