Working for The Henderson Police Department
The Henderson Police Department is a nationally accredited agency dedicated to providing unparalleled service to the community we represent. We are one of the most technologically advanced agencies in the country. Our vision is to make Henderson the safest city in the country by providing premier police services through innovation and partnerships with our community.
The Henderson Police Department has 391 police officer positions, 81 correction officers and more than 151 civilian staff members. The Department is at an exciting crossroads in its history. If you have the commitment to help others and your community and want to have a career that makes a difference, now is your opportunity to join one of the finest police departments in the nation. This section of our website is devoted to providing you with all you'll need to know about becoming a police officer for the Henderson Police Department.
Minimum Qualifications for Police Officer
- At least 21 years of age by the date of the written examination
- U.S. Citizen by the date of the written examination
- High school diploma or equivalent at time of application
- No convictions of any felony crime or a crime for which you would be required to register per Nevada law
- No convictions of any crime involving Domestic Violence
Police and Correction Officer Hiring
The City of Henderson is not currently accepting applications for Police Officer or Corrections Officer. If you would like to be notified via email of our next hiring process, you can complete a job interest card. In the upper right hand corner you will see “job interest cards”. Click on this tab and follow the instructions to complete. You will receive an email when the position is posted and accepting applications.
Salary & Benefits
- $55,577.60 - $86,236.80 Annually*
- Bilingual Pay
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Partial Tuition Reimbursement
*Pay based on current contract, subject to change.
- Paid Academy Training
- Assignment Pay
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Paid Retirement
- Four 10-Hour Shifts
- Shift Differential Pay
- Uniform Allowance Paid by the City
- Paid Overtime
- Paid Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Police Officer Physical Agility Requirements
- Written Examination
- Oral Board
- Physical Fitness Test
- Psychological Exam
- Background Investigation
- Polygraph Exam
- Medical Exam
- Drug and Alcohol Screening
- View required Physical Agility Requirements
for Police Officer.
For more information about joining the Henderson Police Department, contact us at JoinHPD@cityofhenderson.com. The Henderson Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.
Henderson Police Department Recruiting Unit
223 Lead St. / P.O. Box 95050
Henderson, NV 89009