The Community Relations Unit offers a variety of programs, services and
classes. Thank you for your interest in scheduling an event with the
Henderson Police Department. Please note that all requests are now being
handled through the Neighborhood Services' FOCUS Speakers Bureau. Please
complete an on-line
Residential Related Programs/Services:
- Crime Free Multi-Housing - working with individual apartment complex managers to
address crime-related problems.
Click here to learn more and see our directory of certified participating apartment
- Neighborhood Watch - working with neighborhood groups to encourage individual
citizens awareness and involvement in crime prevention strategies.
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design - crime prevention surveys in various
neighborhoods to reduce the likelihood of crime.
- Introduction to Neighborhood Watch - learn why and how to participate in the Henderson
Police Department's Neighborhood Watch Program.
- Neighborhood Watch Formation - once you have completed the requirements for the
Neighborhood Watch Program, we'll send an officer to speak to your group to help get things started.
- Home Security - for residents not active in our Neighborhood Watch Program, we'll
help you learn ways to help protect your home.
Take a look at our Home Security
presentation. Is your
house an easy target for burglars? Take our
Survey and see what security areas of your home need improvement.
Business Related Programs/Services:
- Summons Program - trains local business personnel in the issuing of misdemeanor
court summons for trespassers and shoplifters.
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design - reduces crime for
commercial properties through the proper design and use of the built environment around the business.
- Alcohol Compliance Checks - monitors the compliance of
liquor-selling establishments to prevent the illegal sale of alcohol
beverages to minors.
- Preventing Theft/Shoplifting - tips on providing business friendly security
for your goods and services.