The Henderson Police Department Traffic Bureau’s goal is to reduce the number of
accidents on the roadways to make the streets safer for all motorists and
pedestrians. This is accomplished through traffic enforcement and education,
commercial vehicle enforcement, targeting impaired drivers and patrolling the
parks and trails.
The Traffic Bureau is made up of several units: Field Services, Investigations, Special Enforcement, DUI Squad, Commercial Vehicle Enforcement, Parks and Trials, Parking Enforcement, and School Crossing Guards.
• The Field Services unit does enforcement in the areas with high traffic volume and areas prone to more accidents.
• The Investigative detail handles the investigations for accidents with serious injuries or fatalities, as well as investigating hit and run accidents.
• The Special Enforcement Unit targets areas that are reported to our office by citizens in the community through Contact Henderson or the traffic hotline.
• The DUI Squad handles evening rush hour traffic and targets impaired drivers.
• The Commercial Vehicle Team checks commercial vehicles for safety violations and loads that are overweight.
• The Parking Enforcement Unit responds to complaints referring parking issues and abandoned vehicles.
• The School Crossing guards help children cross busy streets during school times for all the elementary schools within the City. (How To Apply for Crossing Guard)
• Traffic News & Announcements - Latest news and events
To report any problems related to traffic, parking or other traffic-enforcement
related issues, please submit this
The Henderson Police Department’s Traffic Bureau will be processing your