Contact Henderson

Get Adobe Reader
Adobe® Reader® is required to view PDF files.

Relocation Guide

Motor Vehicle Registration & Licenses

The DMV at American Pacific Drive Vehicle Registration
Department of Motor Vehicles
1399 American Pacific Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
(702) 486-4368
Office open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

If you already have a Nevada drivers license and registration and are moving to Henderson from another area in Nevada, you must notify DMV of your change of address within 30 days. Visit the Web site or stop by the office for the correct form.

If you are moving to Henderson from outside of Nevada, you have 30 days to transfer your drivers license and registration. You will need the following items:

  1. Your Valid Current Drivers License. This must contain your name and date of birth. Call for requirements if your license is expired or revoked. 
  2. Proof of Your Social Security number. If you number is not printed on your drivers license, you will need to bring your Social Security Card.
  3. Additional Proof of Identity. We do not accept other states’ licenses, instruction permits or ID cards as proof of identity. Please bring one of the documents listed in addition to your license, permit or ID card.
  4. Nevada Proof of Liability Insurance
  5. Nevada Smog Check Certificate (If Needed)
  6. Your Current Registration Slip(s)
  7. Title(s), Unless Held By Lien holder
  8. VIN inspection.  Vehicle Identification Numbers are checked at the small building at the front of the DMV parking lot.
  9. Your Out-of-State License Plates
  10. Fees. Cash, Check, Money Order, E- Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex. Have your VIN number ready and visit or call for an estimate of registration fees and taxes, which are partly based on your vehicle's value.

Drivers licenses cost $22; $17 for those 65 and older. A first time $25 testing fee applies for knowledge and skills testing. Out-of-state checks are accepted with the approval of a DMV supervisor.

Drivers Licenses

All applicants must take a vision test. Other tests will be waived if:

  1. You are age 25 or older and have no special restrictions.
  2. Your out-of-state license is valid and your are applying for the same class of license.
  3. You have no more than 2 moving violations and no suspensions, revocations, cancellations or denials in the past 4 years.
  4. Commercial Drivers with CDL must have current DOT physical form.

If you do not meet these requirements, you will have to take a written test and possibly a skills test.

Motorcycle and Moped Licensing
You must have a Class M motorcycle license to ride any motorcycle or moped greater than 50cc. Nevada transfers motorcycle endorsements from most other states. You must have a normal Class C or higher drivers license to ride any motorized vehicle 50 cc or under on a public street.
Mopeds 50cc or less, with less than 2 horsepower, do not have to be registered.
Motorcyclists are required to wear helmets at all times in Nevada. The only exception is for mopeds 50cc or less, capable of a maximum speed of 30 miles per hour.

Young Drivers
Instruction permits valid for one year are available at age 15 1/2 following written and vision tests. Parents or guardians must sign a consent form to accept liability for the minor. A licensed driver 21 years or older with at least one year driving experience must ride next to the beginning driver at all times.

Drivers under age 18 must complete a 30-hour drivers education course. Courses are offered by the local school district and private schools or by private Nevada professional driving schools.

Young drivers must also gain 50 hours of behind-the-wheel experience and 10 hours of the experience must be completed in darkness; parents or guardians sign a form that the experience has been completed and submit it when applying for a full license.

Licenses may be issued at age 16 following a skills test. Licenses issued to drivers under 21 are clearly marked as such.

Underage drivers can lose their license or have its issuance delayed for the same reasons as adult drivers and for the following additional offenses:

  1. A blood alcohol level of .02 or greater while driving
  2. Any alcohol or drug conviction, including alcohol purchase
  3. Firearms violations
  4. Graffiti convictions
  5. Habitual truancy