Henderson, Nev. – It will be a historical weekend in Henderson as the City celebrates the day it was officially incorporated – April 16, 1953 – with Henderson Industrial Days. The event, which honors the people, places and events that made Henderson what it is today, takes place from noon till 10 p.m. on Saturday, April 27 at the Henderson Events Plaza, 200 S. Water St. Admission is free and open to all ages.
Industrial Days will include a community dinner with the mayor and members of the Henderson City Council, live entertainment, children’s activities and contests:
• Live entertainment includes a performance by Las Vegas native and country-music rising star Sierra Black whose hits include "Make It Easy."
• Rolling Through Time
Display of cars representing each decade from 1950-1980; presented by Boulder City Cruisin Association
• A History of Henderson, a video by Foothill High School Student Television, will be screened all day
• Pie Eating Contest
Presented by Chef Flemming’s Bake Shop
• Decades Costume Contest
o 1950s $500 grand category prize
o 1960s $500 grand category prize
o 1970s $500 grand category prize
o 1980s $500 grand category prize
o Best in Show $500 grand prize
• Line Dancing on the Plaza
• BBQ Dinner with Mayor & Council
Event attendees can enjoy a free community dinner with family and friends on Water Street along the Plaza while the food lasts.
• Old Time Photos
Attendees can choose from a wide range of costumes and accessories to capture their Industrial Days experience. Photos are printed on-site.
Activities for children and adults will take place throughout the day:
• Hula Hoop Contest
• Temporary Tattoos and Face Painting
• Match the song with the artists from the ‘70s
• Four Square and Twister
• Shake, Rattle and Roll (roll the ball and hit the pins)
• Beer, wine and four signature cocktails representing the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s and 1980s will be available for purchase on the Plaza which will be decked out with barrel tables and bistro lights.
For more information about Industrial Days, including contest rules, visit cityofhenderson.com or call 702-267-5707. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.