News

News Release

Henderson Man Injured in Recreational Vehicle Fire

February 25, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE NEWS RELEASE
PLEASE CONTACT KATHLEEN RICHARDS, (702) 267-2051

Henderson, Nev. – A recreational vehicle caught fire last night, sending a Henderson resident to the hospital for smoke inhalation and causing $25,000 in damage.

The Henderson Fire Department responded to a recreational vehicle fire at Triple K Trailer Court at 117 King St. near Boulder Highway and Warm Springs Road at about 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 24.

The first arriving engine crew observed flames and smoke coming from the roof of a 29-foot travel trailer. Firefighters organized an offensive fire attack and quickly suppressed the fire before it could spread to adjacent trailers.

The fire started in the bathroom and the occupant attempted to put it out with a pot of water but was forced to exit the vehicle and call 9-1-1. The cause of the fire was ruled accidental due to a faulty electrical outlet.

The vehicle had one male occupant who was evaluated at the scene for smoke inhalation and then transported to University Medical Center for treatment.

Four engines, one truck, two rescue units and an air resource apparatus responded to the fire. There were no injuries to firefighters.

A City of Henderson senior fire investigator, Henderson Police officers and Southwest Gas Corp. responded to help secure the property.

# # #