Henderson Offers New Cost-Saving Option for Ambulance Transportation
March 04, 2019
FOR IMMEDIATE NEWS RELEASE
PLEASE CONTACT DEBRA HASKELL, (702) 267-4035
Henderson, Nev. – Subscription Medical Ambulance Response and Transport, or S.M.A.R.T, the official program of the Henderson Fire Department, is a voluntary subscription program. By signing up for S.M.A.R.T., participants can save money while helping to improve the quality of emergency medical service in their community. All citizens who work, play or live in the City of Henderson are eligible to join.
S.M.A.R.T members receive reduced costs for ambulance transports and more Emergency Medical Education programs:
• No out-of-pocket cost for paramedic and emergency ambulance service provided by the Henderson Fire Department (see below for more details)
• Coverage for an entire household, anywhere in the City of Henderson (emergency ambulance transportation is allowable to hospitals outside of the city)
• Optional Certification Training: CPR/AED certification and Stop the Bleed classes
To register for the S.M.A.R.T. program, visit amgfire.com.
Flexible annual membership plans are available:
• Individual Plan - $59: Annual membership covers one member with the listed benefits.
• Family Plan - $99: Annual membership covers one member plus up to five additional members who live in the same residence as the primary covered member. The annual membership covers all members with the listed benefits.
• Family Plus Plan - $99+: Additional family members above the Family Plan limit of five (plus the original member) who live in the same residence can be added for $10 per person per year. The annual membership covers all members with the listed benefits.
Program members who live outside of the City of Henderson would be eligible for emergency transportation from events that occur within the city’s jurisdiction (illness/injury suffered at work, shopping, motor vehicle accidents, etc.
If covered by insurance at the time of the emergency medical incident, program members will have no out-of-pocket costs for emergency medical assessment, treatment and emergency ambulance transportation provided by the Henderson Fire Department for up to two medically necessary transports per year, per covered member.
Members without insurance at the time of an emergency medical incident will receive a 20 percent discount on the total bill. Discounts are not given to non-S.M.A.R.T. members.
All subscription fees received are reinvested into the Henderson Fire Department Emergency Medical Services programs. These funds help provide state-of-the-art training, techniques and equipment to benefit those the department serve every day, without increasing taxes.
For further information regarding the S.M.A.R.T. Program, call 702-796-0447 or visit cityofhenderson.com. Find the Henderson Fire Department on Facebook and Twitter.
# # #