Henderson Announces Temporary Closures and Cancellations
March 15, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE NEWS RELEASE
PLEASE CONTACT KATHLEEN RICHARDS, (702) 267-2051
Henderson, Nev. – Following the recommendation of Gov. Steve Sisolak regarding social distancing, the following closures for the City of Henderson will go into effect immediately:
• Henderson City Hall will be closed to all visitors until Monday, March 23, 2020. All essential city services will remain operational and online services will continue to be available. Henderson Police and Fire will work normal shifts.
• All Henderson City Council and board and commission meetings are cancelled through the end of March.
• Downtown Senior Center and Heritage Senior Center will be closed until April 13.
• All City of Henderson recreation centers and pools will be closed until April 13.
• All recreation center and pool programs and events are cancelled until April 13.
• All sports leagues, programs and tournaments are cancelled until April 13.
• Safekey and Teen Scene are cancelled until April 13.
• ABC ETC. and Little Learners preschool will remain open.
• Spring/summer registration will begin at 6 a.m. on March 24 – online and mail in registration only.
• Kids Zone for the week of April 6-10 is cancelled.
All of these measures are being taken out of an abundance of caution. Gov. Sisolak is reminding Nevadans, "If we wait one more day to take action, this will not go away." The City of Henderson made the decision to take immediate action to do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
For continued updates on COVID-19, visit cityofhenderson.com/COVID19.
# # #