City Clerk

Passport Requirements

Passport Requirements

  • To apply for a U.S. passport book or card, an applicant must be a U.S. citizen either by birth or naturalization.
  • Applicants need to submit:
    • An original or certified copy of proof of citizenship (i.e. Birth Certificate, Naturalization Certificate, etc. CA & TX Birth Abstracts not acceptable.)
    • A copy of that citizenship
    • A completed passport application
  • Applicants must have a passport picture for every application, and show valid photo identification. Passport photo services are available in the office.
  • Every child regardless of age traveling overseas must have a valid passport. The child MUST appear in-person. Both parents/guardians should appear with children under 16. If both parents/guardians cannot be present, complete a DS-3053.
  • For security reasons, parental consent may be requested for children ages 16 or 17. If a child does not have identification of his/her own, a parent needs to accompany their child, present identification, and co-sign the application. The minor MUST appear in-person.
  • You will need to appear in-person, if applying for a U.S. passport book for the first time; if your expired U.S. passport is not in your possession; if your previous U.S. passport has expired and was issued more than 15 years ago; if your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16; or if your currently valid U.S. passport has been lost or stolen.
For additional information regarding passport application services, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at 702-267-1418 or email

For other passport and travel information please visit the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs at:


Processing is available
7:30 am-4:30 pm

Doors open at 7:30 am
No appointment needed

Henderson City Hall

240 South Water Street
First Floor
Office of the City Clerk

Additional Information

Passport Fees
Passport Requirements
Passport Books
Passport Cards
Passport Application Forms