As of June 26, face coverings are required when out in public.
This includes when visiting all City facilities.
Complete guidelines and protocols can be found here.
Businesses that are not open include:
- Adult entertainment establishments
- Nightclubs and day clubs
- Live sporting event venues and live performance venues WITH spectators
City Council and Planning Commission Meetings
Effective August 18, 2020 residents will be able to comment in person at City Council meetings using a microphone set up outside of Council Chambers. Due to the COVID-19 public gathering restrictions, residents must remain outside Council Chambers, wear a face covering, and practice social distancing. You may also participate via WebEx or watch online. The links below will direct to you to current information about the upcoming meetings and ways to participate and watch.
All other board and commission meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
Parks and Recreation
Battle Born Kids, a recreational program with supervised activities for ages 5-12.
Battle Born Teens, a recreational program with supervised activities for ages 10-14.
Henderson Farmer's Market is available at the Henderson Multigenerational Center parking lot.
Now accepting picnic reservations.
Accepting registration for programs, classes and events. Please see the Henderson Happenings posted here.
The following areas are open to the public. Please continue to observe social distancing while using these areas:
- Skateparks and BMX
- Splash pads
- Pools (More information is available here.)
- Multi-Fitness Centers (More information is available here.)
- Racquetball (opening in phases. More information is available here.)
Sports fields - use limited to skill and condition drills at the following locations. No scrimmages or game play.
- Acacia Park
- Anthem Hills Park multipurpose field
- Burkholder Park baseball #2
- Cactus Wren Park
- Capriola Park
- Green Valley Park
- Heritage Park fields #12 & #13
- Madeira Park baseball north & south
- Morrell Park
- Mountain View Park
- Paseo Verde Park multipurpose field
- Pecos Legacy baseball #1
- River Mountain Park
- Rodeo Park
- Silver Springs Park
- Sunridge Park
- Tuscany Park
- Wells Park
- Weston Hills baseball #1 & #2
The following areas continue to be closed to the public:
- Outdoor basketball courts
- Senior centers
A hold on City special events, sports league games and tournament play continues.
Applications continue to be accepted online. Interviews will be held virtually where possible.
Water and sewer service payments are accepted in person at Henderson City Hall and online.
The City of Henderson provides these electronic services:
- Certain inspections can be completed remotely via video through phone apps such as Facetime, Google Duo and Skype.
- Entitlement applications can be submitted through email and reviewed with Bluebeam software (some reviews are possible online such as TUPs).
- Business License related reviews like zoning compliance and fire safety are being completed electronically.
- Building, Fire, Civils and Mapping permit submissions can be submitted, reviewed and paid for online.
Pre-bid/proposal meetings and consultant interviews/presentations can be conducted via WebEx or Teams.
City Archives and Records
Requests for public records can be filled via email or by scheduled pickup.