Housing, Rent & Utilities

Emergency Housing Resources

The City of Henderson has partnered with nonprofit organizations to assist with housing and emergency shelter. Please click the links below for emergency housing resources.

Emergency Housing Resource Flyer (English)
Emergency Housing Resource Flyer (Spanish)

Clark County CARES Housing Assistance Program
(Clark County CHAP)

Clark County is currently offering housing assistance to residents of Clark County who have suffered substantial financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic and now lack sufficient income/resources to pay their housing costs.

For more information, please visit to see if you qualify.

HopeLink of Southern Nevada

HopeLink of Southern Nevada offers a continuum of free services to assist families and individuals with food, shelter, housing and emergency provisions during times of crisis. Henderson residents may also be eligible for rent, mortgage, deposit and utility assistance. Clients under case management are eligible for back to school supplies, holiday assistance programs and a variety of medical, prescription, clothing, employment, transportation and other services to assist them back to being self-sufficient and sustainable households. Call (702) 566-0576 Monday through Thursday from 8 to 5:30 or email for more information.

Mortgage Assistance

The Nevada Treasurer’s Office has compiled the following resource guide to assist homeowners who have been impacted by COVID-19 with their mortgage payments. You must reach out to your lender in order to receive any assistance. Please reach out to your lender directly to discuss what options may be available to you, such as: working out a payment plan at the end of the 90-day forbearance period. Relief options will be specific to each borrower’s individual circumstances and may vary.

Find your lender here

If your lender is not on this list, or if you’re having difficulties contacting your lender, please email us at

Division of Welfare and Supportive Services

Food Stamps, Medicaid, Childcare assistance, Energy assistance

Apply online or Call (702) 426-4900.

St. Jude's Ranch

If you or someone you know is in need of help with rent, utilities or other social service support, please call St. Jude’s Ranch for Children- Housing and Support Services Department at 702-436-1624 to schedule an appointment and see if you qualify. During these difficult times, we are working to support Nevadan’s and have expanded our services by offering Low Income Housing Trust Fund- Tenant Based Rental Assistance for Henderson residents.

Clark County Social Service

If you or someone you know is in need of rental, utility or transportation assistance, please call Clark County Social Service at (702) 455-4270 or visit

Energy Assistance (EAP)

The “Energy Assistance Program” provides a supplement to assist qualifying low-income Nevadans with the cost of home energy. Applications are evaluated year-round or until funding is exhausted. Eligible households receive an annual, one-time per year benefit customarily paid directly to their energy provider(s). Visit: