Residential Knox-Box Rapid Entry Program
Residential Knox-Boxes are installed over the top of a home’s front entry door and hold one key (provided by the resident) that allows Fire Department personnel easy and rapid entry into the residence. Only the Henderson Fire Department can access the Knox-Box with a key that is securely located in the fire engine. If an emergency arises, the responding crews are able to access the Knox-Box and retrieve the house key without having to force entry or wait for a key holder to arrive.
The Residential Knox-Box is ideal for individuals:
- With a history of medical problems
- Who frequently travel
- Are recuperating from a hospital stay
- Live alone
- Using an electronic calling/medical alert service
This residential box program enhances the department’s response times and reduces forced entry damage while protecting property and lives.
Only Henderson residents may order a Knox-Box
- Click here to Purchase a Residential Knox-Box.
- Select the state (Nevada), city (Henderson) and community (make sure your zip code is listed).
- Select your preferred style and color.
- At checkout, add the address where the box will be installed.
- This is only for residents that live in the City of Henderson. The Knox-Box will not work outside the city limits.
- After receiving your Knox-Box in the mail, bring it to your neighborhood fire station for key placement inside box.
- Hang Knox-Box on your front door 6”- 8” away from the door jam.
For more information, contact Henderson Fire Department Administration at (702) 267-2222