Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve Volunteer Program
Do you enjoy seeing birds and other wildlife in their natural habitat? Do you want to be part of a rewarding program that promotes conservation? Are you able to donate a few hours each week or each month to a worthwhile cause? If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, then the Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve Volunteer program is for you.
The purpose of the program is to provide an enhanced visitor experience by having knowledgeable volunteers accessible throughout the Bird Viewing Preserve to provide field-specific information, which increases visitors' opportunities for learning, interaction and input. Volunteers play an important role in our ability to educate the community about birds, conservation and stewardship. In return, volunteers enjoy unique experiences and deepen their environmental awareness.
Prior birding experience is not necessary, but familiarity with using binoculars and spotting scopes, and knowledge of local birds is certainly welcome.
How to Apply
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Complete the City of Henderson volunteer services application indicating the Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve as your area of interest, as well as the background authorization form.
- All applications are submitted for mandatory background checks (paid for by the City of Henderson).
- Complete the volunteer application.
- If you’re selected, we will contact you to schedule training.
- Receive onsite training by an experienced staff member.
- Additional training may be necessary if you will be assisting with programs.
We appreciate your interest and look forward to welcoming you to the program.