It is our policy to provide an opportunity for as many people as possible to enjoy our parks and recreation opportunities. Therefore, the City of Henderson Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel, postpone or combine classes, events or programs or change instructors in order to provide the best service possible. In the event the department cancels a class, event or program for any reason, a full refund will be issued.
- No refunds will be given if it is after the second class or program's scheduled meeting date.
- Refunds may take approximately 3-4 weeks to be processed.
- Refunds will not be issued in the case of disciplinary actions, including suspension or trespass.
- No refunds or prorating will be offered for classes missed by a participant for any reason other than documented medical issues/family emergencies.
- No refunds or transfers are offered for the following: FunCards, Excursions, youth program deposits, Memberships, Safekey/Teen Scene.
- Schedule is subject to change or cancelation without notice. Management reserves all rights.
- Refund requests may be made in person at any recreation center, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone to any recreation center.
- Patron refund requests are granted if requested at least seven days prior to the program, class or event start date with no fee. This does not include any class or program that costs less than $5.
- Refunds requested less than seven days prior to the program, class or event start date are granted less a $5 administrative charge per class, event or program
Additional refund policies apply to the following:
Cool Pool Parties & Sports Leagues: Refunds may be granted if a cancellation is received at least 7 days prior to the program, class or event, less a $5 administrative charge.
Facility Rentals, Park Reservations/Rentals, Pool Rentals: Refunds may be granted if a cancellation notice is received at least two calendar weeks prior to the reservation date. Cancellations due to weather or unavoidable circumstances result in rescheduling. If rescheduling is not possible, a full refund is issued.
Aquatics Inclement Weather Policy: If pools are closed due to inclement weather, return passes may be issued. Aquatic classes issue prorated refunds if classes are unable to be conducted due to inclement weather. No refunds are issued if a makeup class is offered.
Aquatic Lane, Fitness Room, Racquetball and Pickleball Court Reservations: A refund may
be granted with a request four hours prior to the reservation. No refunds are issued past the reservation date.
Battle Born Kids/Teens: Full refunds for cancelations 48 hours prior to the date registered to attend.
FunCards: This card is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Kids Zone: Deposits are non-transferrable and non-refundable. Amounts paid for any week in excess of the 10% deposit may be refunded, if requested at least seven days prior to the child's attendance in the program, less a $5 administrative charge.
Memberships: Refunds are not granted unless for a documented medical reason.
Safekey/Teen Scene: Once payment has been received, credits or refunds are not issued for days the child is unable to attend.
Senior Excursions: Refunds are not granted if a ticket (e.g.; show tickets, admission tickets) was purchased by the department for the excursion unless the ticket can be purchased by another person. This applies to excursions offered by Heritage Park Senior Facility only.