The City of Henderson Parks and Recreation Department held a public meeting for the Paseo Verde Park Improvements on October 3, 2019. The purpose of the meeting was to solicit resident feedback and determine if the existing baseball field was still a desired park amenity. During the meeting staff provided alternate options such as fitness court, outdoor exercise equipment, interactive art, sand volleyball, programmable turf, and cycling amenities.
Based on resident responses in person and online, the baseball field will remain in place with modifications:
- The 90’ field will be converted to a 60’ field thus discouraging organized adult play
- A 30’ tall fence will be installed along the first base line from the dugout to the outfield
- The bleachers will be removed and replaced with picnic tables and shade
- Additional signage will be installed to indicate the field is a youth field
- The field will be available on a first-come, first-served basis
- The area will accommodate cricket
Watch for improvements to begin in spring 2020.