ABC ETC. is a state-licensed preschool program designed for children between the ages of 3 and 5. Little Learners is a state-licensed, full-day preschool for children ages 4 and 5. Both are based at Valley View Recreation Center. The program runs concurrently with the Clark County School District’s 9-month calendar and is closed on school holidays and staff development days. Extended stay
Group activities and learning centers cover areas such as motor skills, music, singing, arts and crafts, and social interaction. To register any child in the program the age requirements listed below must be met (no exceptions). All participants must be toilet trained.
• ABC ETC. preschoolers must be 3 years old no later than the first day of the month you would like them to attend the Tuesday/Thursday class.
• Little Learners preschoolers must be 4 years old by September 30 of the current school district year before they are permitted to enroll in/attend the Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday
State law requires the following documents to be furnished before the student is allowed to attend class:
- A health statement signed by a physician/RN
- An updated photocopy of an official immunization record
- A completed registration form
- A completed youth participation form
- A copy of the child's birth certificate may be required
Preschool registration information is available at Valley View Recreation Center
or you can download the Preschool Registration Information 2020-2021
Preschool Open House
Parent and child will meet preschool staff and participate in a brief orientation. Attendance is mandatory for first-time participants.
M/W/F classes ▪ August 5 ▪ 4:30pm-5:30pm
T/Th classes ▪ August 6 ▪ 4:30pm-5:30pm
Early Childhood Education Scholarship Program
Scholarship assistance from the City of Henderson Redevelopment Agency Public Education Set Aside Fund is available to fund 50% of the preschool enrollment costs on a per student, per semester increment. Read more