Therapeutic Recreation FAQs

  • What are the requirements to participate in Therapeutic Recreation & Inclusion Services programs? 
    Participants should have a diagnosed disability and fit the age requirement for the activity.
  • Do you accept alternative funding? 
    Yes, we accept respite funding from outside agencies.
  • What alternate programming do you offer for those 13 years of age and under? 
    We support the city's Recreation division by providing training, program modifications, and support staff when necessary to ensure the highest level of participation possible. If the participant is new to our programs, please contact our office at least two weeks before your program starts in order to find out what accommodations will be needed.
  • How do I enroll for Rec & Roll/On the Go? 
    Contact the Therapeutic Recreation & Inclusion Services office to arrange an intake interview. The participant must attend this interview. Program guidelines will be reviewed, and parent/guardians will fill out an annual information form along with other registration forms before a start date can be identified.
  • How do I enroll in weekend and evening programs? 
    Register online or in person at any recreation center or the Therapeutic Recreation & Inclusion Services office. No intake required.
  • Is transportation provided?
    For the Rec & Roll and On the Go programs, participants are required to meet at their assigned recreation center for their activities. For weekend and evening events or programs, see the description for pick up and drop off locations. 




RTC ADA Paratransit